Friday, January 14, 2011

Jackson Hole Trip, Dispatch 1: LDS means Mormon

The Route
After a sprint to gate C18 at the Portland International Airport, I scanned my boarding pass and was finally able to relax. The time was roughly 7:45am, and I was happy to be onboard flight 385 to SLC. The general plan of this trip was to get as many guys together from all over the West Coast and arrive in Jackson Hole, WY to do a little skiing. I left a few days earlier to spend some time in SLC with the Twins in hopes of skiing some Utah powder and drink good ol' Mormon beer.
Patrick with the Beer Bottle Bench @ Wasatch Brewery
After arriving in SLC to a wonderful layer of lung searing inversion, I spent the day hanging out with my old friend, Nova, the Big Bitch, Newfoundland pup. Precious roommate of the twins. Forgot to get a picture of her! Damn! That evening, we visited the Wasatch Brewery and picked up some brews for a little party that night. The gathering of old and new friends alike made me feel right at home, like I'd never even left Nora Ave in Spokane. After numerous games of the card game, Tourettes, I retired to the icebox in the twins basement.

A Sampling of the Wasatch Brewery including the crowd favorites, Polygamy Porter and the Devastator
The next day the Twins, Lauren and I spent shredding Park City Resort. While the snow wasnt that great by Utah standards, I was pretty good compared to the snow up on Mt. Hood Meadows recently. I tried my best to keep up with the twins and to practice as much as a could for the upcoming gathering in J Hole. I would need to have my A game present to be able to keep up with these guys. That evening we visited the Bayou in SLC to treat ourselves to a worldclass menu of beers. We each settled for something we had never tried before and left the restaurant feeling very satisfied.

A very blurry Park City photo
The following day, while the Twins finished up work and various meetings, I visited the Patagonia Outlet store and spent some time catching up on some magazine reading at Barnes and Noble. As soon as the twins arrived, we packed up the Forerunner, picked up their friend John and began the trip through Idaho to Jackson, WY. Good times to come!

UNT

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment