Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grand Ridge Trails


This past weekend Kerrie and I headed up to Seattle to spend some time with her family. This allowed me the opportunity to check out a new trail along the I-90 corridor. I spent some time on Tiger Mtn the previous spring so I wanted to try something new. I wasn’t ready to tackle any serious climbs so I settled on the Grand Ridge Trail system, opposite of Tiger Mtn.


The trail was designed to be used by mountain bikers as well so most of the switchbacks had wide, banked corners, and there were a few small kickers here and there. I completed the Coal Mine loop then did the whole out and back of the grand ridge trail. I needed a few extra miles so when I got to the halfway point, I headed down the road and did some laps around the elementary school nearby.


Cool section of boardwalk at the end


  
All in all, I had a good run. I put in around 14 miles, but the trail had a little more elevation than I had anticipated so it took me almost 2hrs 45mins to complete it. Probably wouldn’t ever run the trail again, but would definitely take my bike on it if I get the chance.

Only broke one of my rules on this run: Don’t run it when you can bike it…

UNT

Bryan




Cool section of old growth red cedars.





No comments:

Post a Comment