Monday, August 13, 2012

Paradise Loop, Mt. Hood



Finally got up into the high country this weekend. I wanted to do the Paradise Loop for a few years now, but never made it up there. Last year I got packed and ready to go, but at the last minute decided to check the timberline webcam. Snow! It was late september I believe. Bad luck.

This year Kerrie decided to tag along and relax in the Lodge while I ran around outside. In the end, this was easily one of the most enjoyable runs that I have done. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face! Trail was either perfect or a little too sandy, but definitely manageable. The wildflowers were out in full force. Blue sky. Mid to low 80s. Mildy crowed. Body was pain free. I really enjoyed the run because it was a change of terrain compared to the deciduous rainforest that I spend most of the time in. Alpine terrain. Big canyons. Views! Meadows. Awesomeness!

Here are some photos. 12.2mi 2,300ft EG 2:19








Wildflowers!









Kerrie and I stopped at Trillium Lake for a dip afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment