Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter 2012-13

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I have been experiencing some nagging injuries with the arch of the left foot that has kept me off the trails. After a few months of irritation and self diagnosed Plantar Faciitis, I went in to see my Sports Chircopactor, Dr. Brad Farra. Brad is the man and helped reverse my diagnosis to a collapsing/fatigued arch, linked to an injury in Sept that created scar tissue and weakening post tib and arch tendons. After some laser treatment, graston and stretches, I was on my way feeling way better.

However, this injury has a long road to recovery and relies heavily on strengthening and stretching exercises. I'll need to stick to my guns if I want to have a successful running season this summer. So dont expect too many running posts from me in the near future. I have to take it easy, which means short, flat runs when I can, but lots more bike trainer workouts and hopefully some road and mountain rides.

Here are some pics of what I have been able to so recently.

Deschutes River Trail - Thanksgiving
Munra Point - CRGNSA
Munra Point

Holiday Ale Fest
Larch Mtn Snowshoe Attempt




Metolius River Trail
Santiam Pass Snowshoe with the family 

Getting above the clouds at Hoodoo


Three Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment