Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Creating Singletrack. Mt Baker Backcountry



Tried a new form of outdoor adventure over the weekend. Andrew and I drove up to Bellingham, WA to meet our buddies for a little skiing weekend. After a few cold ones, I was persuaded into renting some AT gear and to follow them around in the Mt. Baker backcountry. But lets be honest, it didnt really take much convincing. I have always wanted to try backountry skiing, but never had the gear, knowledge, or personnel to give it ago. I was slightly nervous, but my friends were experienced and the reported conditions pretty safe.


Up, up, up to Herman Saddle
Langer 

Yours Truly
Again

Applying Skins
In the end, I had a blast. It's hard work, but very rewarding. It's beautiful country up there and I wish that I lived closer. In the end, we skinned around for 6 hours, put in 4 runs with maybe 4,000ft of vert. Give or take.
Andrew and Lange (the ringleader)



Joelman



The next day we were all cooked, but hit up the resort for almost another full day of skiing. Definitely built up some fitness, but my body is ready for a little break.

UNT

Bryan

(Not the best pictures, but still proof)
Mt. Herman (??)





Cornice Whacking = 50 Gnar Points 






Casa de Hart 
Kick ass retaining wall by Jordan Hart
Location of future epic pool parties

No comments:

Post a Comment