Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A New Favorite

The weather was awesome yesterday so after work I quickly suited up and jumped on the road bike for a nice little cruise. Plan was to head up skyline and enjoy the change of fall colors. I was worried about the waning daylight, but grabbed my blinky lights and headed out around 5:50ish. I immediately hit some pretty strong wind, which continue to slow me down for the duration of the ride. The wind is one of the things that really bugs me about road biking. It just stands as a large obstacle that really isnt that present with trail running or mountain biking, due to the locations of most of my rides/runs. But trail running and mtb have the common enemy of sand and mud so I guess everything has its draw backs. In the end, I ended up getting back right around 7pm with very little daylight left. Pretty bummed out that the days are already getting that short. Need to by a better headlamp so I can do some trail runs in the dark. Id love to purchase a set of bike lights so I could ride Leif Erickson, but those bike lights are way outta my price range right now. I have a few alternative ideas that Ill try and post about shortly. In the end, I gotta say this is my favorite ride that I have done by my house so far. I havent been road biking long so time will tell how long this ride stands as #1, but it has a decent climb up Springville road then some good downhill along skyline and Kaiser. Thats all for now.

UNT

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment