Thursday, March 3, 2011

Clackamas River Trail


 
This past weekend I convinced Andrew, who was visiting town to job hunt and hang out with the gf, to come run the Clackamas River Trail with me. We dropped Andrew’s car off at the end of the trail at Indian Henry TH and then drove back down to the start of the trail to leave my car and begin the trip. The plan was to both run up the trail to Andrew’s car, where Andrew would conclude his day and I would turn around and run back to my car. When we got up past Estacada or Enchilada as Andrew called it, there was considerably more snow on the ground than expected. We decided, after a quick roadside powwow, to continue with the original plan and make it as far as we could. So after dropping Andrew’s car off at the top, we set off from Fish Creek TH in light snow. I had chosen not to bring my MHW Seta gaiters (something I quickly regretted) and chose to run in my Mountain Masochist GTX. We ended up running in snow almost the whole time, but luckily the trail had already been broken in and was clearly visible. On the way up, we stopped at the falls and admired all the icicles dangling from the cliffs. Eventually, we made it to Andrew’s car in about an hour and a half of running. I made some shoe adjustments, grabbed some water and Clif shots and headed back down back to my car. I made it back in about one hour and twenty five minutes for a total of 16 miles. All in all it was a great trip on a new trail that Ive never done before. However, I look forward to completing it again in the summer and fall when the flowers are in bloom and the leaves are back.

UNT

Bryan






Kayak Launch at Fish Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment