Friday, March 11, 2011

Gorge Waterfall 50k Prep


As you can see, I gave my blog a recent face lift. I might change it again soon depending on how I feel about this one after a week or so. Anyway, tomorrow I run the Gorge Waterfall 50k. This will be my longest run so far leading up to the Peterson Ridge Rumble 40M on April 10th. Originally, I planned this run as a mandatory long training run and wasn’t going to get after it all that much, but once you pin a number on your shorts, despite what you think, you are racing. So with that in mind, I have been thinking about pushing myself a little harder than originally planned. The only down side to this, is that my next and primary “A” race as some ppl call them, is only a month away so it might not be a good idea to push that hard… Who knows… The conditions aren’t supposed to be all the great either. Forecast calls for a 90% chance of rain with temperatures hovering in the mid 40s, with likely snow accumulated in the higher elevations. So not the fastest conditions. But hey, this is the Pacific North Wet so cant really be all that surprised. It is hard to imagine that tomorrow will be rainy, when as I look out the window, it’s blue sky and sunny. That’s all for now. Look for the full race report early next week.

UNT

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment