Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Saltzman Cross Loop


Last week I finally gave in and purchased the cross bike that I had waiting on layaway for me. I had been waiting almost 4 months to get it because I wanted to do the financially responsible thing and wait till I had a salaried position before dropping the cash. Well… things were/are looking good from that standpoint so I made the plunge and picked up my new Fuji Cross Pro from Performance bike.

My goal is to use it primarily as a fitness tool, but I plan on trying out some races this fall as well. The Cross Crusade looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I will buy some new road tires soon and eventually get another set of rims to make the transition between road and cross tires more smoothly and time efficient. The gearing on the bike is a little different than typical road bikes so my bike isn’t positioned to be a excellent hill climber. But oh well, more fitness for me!

I plan to ride the bike on Leif Erikson Dr. a lot and do loops from my house (like the one below). Still trying to find out which firelanes are the best for riding on, but I am really enjoying riding on Leif. It’s nice to get off the main road and cover some ground all while staying in the comfort of forest park.

Look for more upcoming post regarding how I am adjusting to ramping up my training. Stay tuned.

Cross loop


EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Beaverton, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment