Monday, August 29, 2011

The Pursuit of Singletrack

Hardesty Trail
So I did it. I renamed my blog. Originally, when I started blogging, I didn’t really know what I was doing and didn’t really know how my blog would turn out. The main objective of my blog was to act as a story telling platform for all of my adventures. In the past, I would usually take pictures during my adventures, and they’d generally end up being forgotten about on iPhoto or trapped on my camera. But I wanted to tell my stories and open it up to a larger audience so I began toying with the idea of starting my blog during many solitary days on the trails. Eventually, I pulled the trigger and began researching blogging platforms. I eventually settled on Blogger and got things started. However, breezed through the setup phase and figure I’d come up with a better name down the road sometime. My domain name was stuck at bryanmullaney.blogspot.com.  I could rename that part but then how would all of my 7 followers know where to find me… ;)

Now over a year later, I finally settled on a more permanent name. This is a topic that I constantly pondered during runs and rides over the last couple of months. The reason for landing on this name is pretty simple. In the end, it’s all about the singletrack. Smooth, rocky, steep, flowly, forgotten, discovered, muddy, sandy, runnable, hikeable, climbable, endless singletrack.  It’s what I strive for, search for, and long for at the end of the day. The constant, never-ending, unconquerable pursuit of singletrack. Whether it’s trail running, mountain biking, cyclocross racing, road bike training, hiking, snowshoeing, XC skiing, or getting first tracks, singletrack is always and will always be the best part of the adventure. So get out there and ride, run, or walk and get yourself some singletrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment