Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gales Figure 8


Andrew and I completed what I'll call Gales Figure 8 loop two weekends ago. I have ridden all these trails, just not at the same time. We started at Gales Creek Campground (although you could start at many different locations) because it was the best spot to end with its creekside TH and a good final descent. We started out on Gales Creek trail, then took a left on Storey Burn Trail, looped under the highway, followed the Gravelle Brother's trail back to the gravel pit, up to the Roger's Camp TH then looped back around to the Gravelle Brother's trail via the Historic Hiking Trail then dropped back down the the car via Gale's Creek trail. Just trust me that this looks like a figure 8. All in all it was a great ride, one of my favorite in Northern Oregon for sure.In the end, after a few brief breaks for food and a few picks, it took us 3hrs and 15mins. After some creekside soaking, we packed up and headed to get some brews at the Rock Creek Tavern, my favorite post ride establishment.

You arent mountain biking if you dont have to hike-a-bike a little

No comments:

Post a Comment