Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Update


Can't be a real post w/o a picture.
Rylee Dog


Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Been suffering from a slight hammy strain so I’ve been taking it easy and not doing anything too exciting. Spent the holidays over in Sunriver. The snow was nonexistent, which meant that I could bring my mountain bike out of storage. Got a few good rides in including Deschutes River Trail from Meadowcamp to Sunrvier and the Benham Butte loop out of Sunriver. Also spent on day exploring the Oregon Badlands Wilderness Area, not as cool as it sounds, but worth visiting. The “trails” were all really sandy fireroads/atv trails, at least the ones that my sister Megan and I ran. We did a loop to Badlands Rock and Flatiron Rock.



My hammy is slowly getting better but I had to bump my mileage way down to the point where I feel like I’m starting over with my training, not that I got very far, but still frustrating. It’s helped my hammy that I’ve been able to start riding the new trainer that I got for Xmas from my gf, CycleOps Magneto. The bike riding doesn’t bother my hammy at all compared to running. Going to start some minimal strength training at the gym at work over lunch to start building up some resilience and base work.

Not my cleanest post but thought I’d give an update on my happenings.

UNT

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment