Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Little Update

Havent posted anything in the last fews days bc I havent really done anything athletic in the last few days. I need some sort of project that I can do even when the where is bad. I have found a few for when the weather clears up. One goal is the 40 mile trail around the Portland Metropolitan area. It would be a road biking mission, but I would need to increase my road biking fitness a little before attempting that. With the weather bad for the foreseeable future, training for this, on a trainer, does not seem that appealing. My other mission is to find the perfect rain wear attire. I have more jacket than one person will ever need, but somehow I cant find a rain jacket that will keep me dry from the rain, will breath well enough so my perspiration doesnt soak me, and is lightweight enough to actually be comfortable to run in. There has to be something out there, but before buying another coat, I am going to try some of the jackets that I do have and comment on how each one performs in hopes of finding a suitable jacket that I already own. Even looking out into the market place for a potential jacket, I havent been very impressed with the options. Many companies advertise or market their jackets as waterproof, breathable but in my experience, most fall short.

In other news, I have been very pleased with my new wet, muddy weather trail running solutions for the lower half of my body. I recently purchased a pair of Montrail's Mountain Masochist's GTX shoes and paired them with MHW's Seta Trail gaitor. This combination has proved to be extremely waterproof and comfortable. Yes, I get very muddy and wet but my feet stay perfectly dry. I'll try and post a picture of this set up soon. Also, I recently purchased a pair of MHW 3/4 Power Tights for running, mtbing and skiing. I wore them recently on a cold, wet trail run and they kept me nice and dry, without overheating. These will be nice for days when my full tights are too warm, but shorts are too cold. While the tights are not the most flattering addition to my wardrobe, many comments from family and gf questioning my manlyhood, I find them to be quite comfortable so you all can shove it lol.

In other other news, I am wear testing a few pairs of trail runners from Columbia and Montrail, and while I cannot tell you the name or what kind of shoe it is, I will be able to comment on some things that I like and dislike about them. Unfortunately, no photos will be posted, but they look and feel pretty sweet so far.

That's all I got and here is a photo Joel man took while in Sun Valley,

UNT

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment