Friday, November 5, 2010

Miller Hallow Challenge

Yesterday, I wanted to try out a pair of the shoes that I am wear testing. I went with the lightweight racing flats because they performed very well the previous day on a short trail run on Nature and Hemlock trail in Forest Park. My goal was to run some good hills and try out Forest Height’s residential trail network. I think they call the whole network of trails, Miller Hallow Trail. I have driven by them many times, but never actually been on them. I also wanted to try out some new GPS apps for my iPhone to see which ones work the best. The previous day I went with MapMyFitness App, but yesterday I tried out Everytrail. Here is a profile of the run. The last climb up to the top of Miller Hallow trail was brutal, basically a giant staircase. This will be a good training run close to home where I can get some serious hills.

Miller Hallow challenge





I got free tickets to the ski and snowboard expo tonight so Adam and I will be heading over there tonight. We will do our best to resist the urge to buy new skis, but gotta bring the check book just in case J. Also, heading to Eugene on Saturday for the UO vs UW football game. Go Ducks! Trying to convince my father to come mountain biking with me Sunday morning after the game so we can hit up the end of the McKenzie River Trail. If not, I’ll bring my trail shoes and do a run up Ridge trail on the outskirts of Eugene.

UNT

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment