Monday, March 26, 2012

Bouncing Back....

Back to the wildwood...
So my diagnosis was correct. Post Tib Strain, technically not tendonitis so that’s good. So a few weeks later and lots of Graston, icing and biking, I’m finally back running…on roads. I’m slowly bumping my mileage back up and should hopefully be able to start hitting the trails this week. I’ve had some residual tightness in my upper Achilles/lower calves, but I’ve been stretching them and really working it with The Stick.

What does this delay mean going forward? Well Sun Mountain 50M is currently on the chopping block. At this point, I’m not sure how quickly Im going to be able to bounce back. Hopefully I can get my mileage back up really quick. I’d like to get back up to 45-50 miles a week, then focus on some hill training. At this point, I think I have 5 training weeks with 1 taper week… So my main concern is whether or not Ill have the hill training in that I need. That is the big question mark. Yes I could just put up the hills, which is what I’d probably do anyway, but I’d like to think that I would have the ability to attach a few big climbs. I also don’t want to compromise my whole summer by entering a big race partially healed, then get really injured, have to take a month or so off then be poorly trained for Waldo. L

So I plan to spend the next two weeks testing my body to see how I’ll react. If I think I can potentially be prepared for Sun Mountain, then I’ll really focus in on that. If not, then I’ll settle into an easier progression. Maybe cross train a little on my mountain bike.

Oh and Sun Mountain could sell out before I make any moves so that could help make the decision for me…

That’s all I got for now.

UNT

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment